• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Me and Tiny

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=4376]So I had the great pleasure of visiting the East Bay Vivarium this weekend and was honored to meet Tiny, the friendliest white-throated monitor I've seen. When my parents and I arrived in the store, he was being shown to a group of kindergarden students. He was totally fine with all the kids petting him and standing over and around him. My dad was particularly impressed with his docility. Tiny is around 4.5 feet, but the manager told us they had an even bigger specimen named, get this folks, Elmo the Eviscerator but he was at a birthday party. If any of you guys live near Berkley CA, check this store out. It's the oldest, and I think largest or at least one of, reptile store in the country and the man who started it back in the 70s is a close friend of the family.

Attachments

• Me and Tiny.jpg
    Me and Tiny.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

larissalurid

Lol I have stretched lobes as well. although mine are a little over an inch in diameter, so much larger. O.O What a cute white throat though!! <3

m3s4

Nice photo, dragon.

I'll admit my knowledge of African monitors is minimal but don't these have a tendency to hold their tails up off of the ground when walking?

m3s4

No derailing here but I have to admit, I was at our local shop here in Colorado Springs and they have 2 juvie Asian water monitors...Their beautiful. I've seen some youtube clips of some extremely large ones and it was totally awesome to hold one. Extremely calm, very curious and their skin is totally unique.

I might have to add one of these to the collection one day.

Dana C

larissalurid said:
Lol I have stretched lobes as well. although mine are a little over an inch in diameter, so much larger. O.O What a cute white throat though!! <3

Whoa, girl those are some large lobes! HAHAHAHA

HPIZZLE

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the lobes! I'm jealous, i'm only at a 0g lol.

Awesome monitor though!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam