• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male or female

AmberB87

Please help is my tegu female or male she or he is around 6 months old. Not sure if anyone can tell at this age.

Attachments

• 20210919_205632.jpg
    20210919_205632.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210919_205736.jpg
    20210919_205736.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Behembe

My tegu is probably about the same age and I couldn't tell by looking for that. The way I found out mine was male is be looking at him when he went to the bathroom. If there are 2 things that stick out for a second then go back in its a male. Hope this helps.

Pruark

Feel on either side of the hole where it goes to the bathroom the male has two lil hard knots the female does not have its like little horns under the skin i think for mating also the boys will develop lil skin flaps at their cheeks that will develop their chubby cheeks about a yr old that girls dont have

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Super hard to tell at this age. It's just not clear if there are male bumps to the side and slightly below the cloaca. Your second picture barely shows enough of that area, and the first picture is pretty dark. I would guess female right now only because there's no evidence of bumps or oversized round scales right now. But - the pics aren't exposing the area of his/her cloaca clearly. Just my dumb opinion!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam