• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lost Tegu :(

rule6660

5 Year Member
:cry: Hello all, The begining of spring i sold my male B&W to a friend and we built an outside enclosure. there are 3, 4 foot tegu's in there and one , only one, has found a way out and we have looked over and over and can not find where he gets out. He has gotten out 3 times and this time we can not find him!! We live in maine, the next house is 1/4 mile away in a heavly wooded area.... What are the chances the tegu is smart enough to dig 4 feet to get below the frost line in time to hibernate and survive????

argus333

5 Year Member
dont think hed make it in maine, mayby try a cat trap orl small animal trap with some mice and dog food in it. look under pieces bark or any old plywood or any mulch piles.

rule6660

5 Year Member
TEGU FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A mile away from home. he made a burrow under the road and ate chicks and eggs!! lol we've had 2 frost already the only thing that i can think of that saved him was the heat off the tar? there is a small farm that he was next too and he got in his chicken coop.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
thats awesome that you found him! your lucky the farmer didnt do something to him for eating the chickens and eggs.

rule6660

5 Year Member
well a friend of mine lives next to the farm and saw him cross the road. when he saw us he ran about 50 miles an hour!!! dove under a stone wall he was not happy!!! lol

olympus

5 Year Member
I would've freaked out and have been so greatful. You should buy him a case of beer and a tegu talk shirt. :bud :cheers :tomu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam