• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

looks different

T3GUGURL96

Hey new member here. I was wondering why oreo head looks different from other choacans. Also isn't the white head choacan an extreme giant?

Also the tiny one in the 2nd pic isn't mine

Attachments

• 20161027_225701.jpg
    20161027_225701.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20161103_140546.jpg
    20161103_140546.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey new member here. I was wondering why oreo head looks different from other choacans. Also isn't the white head choacan an extreme giant?

Also the tiny one in the 2nd pic isn't mine
Honestly, Oreo looks like a typical B&W.

T3GUGURL96

I was seriously thinking that but do b&w tegus have a browinsh cream head/neck? Then most of his body is white and black. Im completely lost lol . He have a V under his neck also, I'll try to take a picture of it after work. Thanks so much for helping me

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was seriously thinking that but do b&w tegus have a browinsh cream head/neck? Then most of his body is white and black. Im completely lost lol . He have a V under his neck also, I'll try to take a picture of it after work. Thanks so much for helping me
Some do, some don't. Highly variable in color and pattern. Head and neck may or may not lighten over time. Happy to help.

T3GUGURL96

Okay thank you again!! I still love my oreo whether he's a b&w or whatever lol. He will be turning 8 months soon too and I guess he's not brumating this year either. But they grow quick compared to iguanas and some other large lizards.

Rodney Irwin

5 Year Member
Hi Emily,

I am glad to see you are looking at this with an open mind. With respect to being docile and wanting to cuddle,
well, that can be said of all tupinambis merianae. Some more so than others. I would tend to look at the relationship
between the tegu and owner, being comfortable with his hides and enclosure etc. as opposed to being or not being
a Chacoan. With respect to size, a proper diet that includes vitamins and calcium, exercise, enclosure, sunlight and
correct temperatures are more likely to be the determining factors.

Cody096

The two adults I purchased from Rodney not too long ago, color can very signifigantly. The baby is a 'chacoan' that I purchased from underground reptiles. The difference, if it is there, is minimal at best. In the end they're all tupinambis merinae. Some sell the chacoans for more, some for less, though they're all pretty much enirely the same.
20161121_190719.jpg 20161121_190652.jpg 20161121_190817.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The two adults I purchased from Rodney not too long ago, color can very signifigantly. The baby is a 'chacoan' that I purchased from underground reptiles. The difference, if it is there, is minimal at best. In the end they're all tupinambis merinae. Some sell the chacoans for more, some for less, though they're all pretty much enirely the same.
View attachment 11474 View attachment 11475 View attachment 11476
Cody-You know I love'em!!!

Cody096

Heh, hell yeah Walter, I do too. The female decided that she doesn't like me now that she's settled in but the male is still calm as can be, i'll win her over with some blueberries when she comes out of brumation lol.

Cody096

Nice healthy looking tegus Cody
Thank you, I am quitr happy with Rodney for shipping me these two great animals. If I were to buy more black and whites i'd definitely contact him again. As for the chacoan I am quite happy with Underground for him as well. If I hadn't of bought him I wouldn't have had any idea of how truly great these animals are.

Cody096

On a side note, I can't express how much I love a grow tent as an enclosure. I may not be able to build anything on top of it but the durabillity and it's insulation is top notch, and it's great for humidity and air flow.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
On a side note, I can't express how much I love a grow tent as an enclosure. I may not be able to build anything on top of it but the durabillity and it's insulation is top notch, and it's great for humidity and air flow.
I'm hoping other keepers will consider the grow tent as a possible option.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam