• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for some help

lisamb21

Hello I was wondering if anyone was will to work with me. I’m trying to work with my tegu to gain trust. I do everything for her. And I do everything that she needs. My boyfriend doesn’t but she is trusting him more. I also need some tips on how to not be so scared of her. If anyone is willing to help. That would be amazing.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
This forum is full of members that like to help. I don't know where everybody went though - it's been pretty quiet in the last few months.

Animals usually bond with the one that cares/feeds them. Put a used shirt of yours inside his enclosure to get him used to your scent too. Don't expect to ever use the shirt again.

Patience and as much attention as you can give is always a good pathway to trust. If your animal is acting up, thrashing, huffing/puffing, or tail whipping - then let him calm down and walk away. Don't leave him alone for long, but don't reward bad behavior either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980