• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Little help

new2tegus

I have a boamaster enclosure, which isn't bad for his size now,but what is, is the large gaping hole in the top of the enclosure. It's around 90 degrees in there as an ambient temp,and the humidity is around 75%. He always seems warm and active, and will regularly go into his hide box to cool off and then come back out and bask. I'm just worried that I'm loosing to much heat, and until I get something to measure temps at the basking spot I can't really say for sure what it is. I can guess it's probably around 90-95,but can't say for sure. I need to figure out what else I can do to keep the heat and humidity in there. It was made for beardies,but so far it's working well. It's 4x3x2 1/2.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aluminum foil and duct tape. Make sure to measure temps though so it doesn't get too hot inside. What are you using for heat and UVB??

new2tegus

Using a 75w repti med basking bulb and a 100w powersun ballasted, he seems fine, just don't want him not getting what he needs.

new2tegus

That's what I was thinking, thank you for suggesting the foil and tape. Will see how it works out. I hate the cage door, want a sliding door.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced