• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lighting??

techhousejunkie

5 Year Member
Hi im getting my tank ready for my red tegu im getting tomorrow and the gentleman at the local pet store recommend an "incandescent night black heat bulb" to use as primary source of light. Is that correct info I figure it would be used as an only night time bulb. Do I also need a bulb that gives off white light? Any info would be great.
(in laymens terms please im sort of a newb)

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
I use a Powersun bulb during the day and a Ceramic Heat Emitter during the night to keep the cage temps up. If you are not going to hibernate him, I would go with some kind of light source that he can bask in, but don't forget something that has the UV as well. I am personally going to try the MegaRay bulb next time for the basking spot since I have heard good reviews on it. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced