• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lifting back legs?

firfy

Sometimes my blue tegu will just stand in place and lift one of her back legs, place it back down, then lift the other, and place it back down, she will do this maybe for 3-5 seconds then just walk away, does this mean anything? This usually happens earlier in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not sure, but my argies are definitely stiff-legged for a week after emerging in the spring.

onnie0047

Reptiles will often lift one leg, put it back down and lift another left up when the temps of the ground is too hot for them....you did not mention if this was on the hot side or the cool side of your enclosure, on dirt, substrate or on rocks or something that might get hot if exposed to a warming light such as a rock or cement surface..... I have not noticed this behavior in my tegus, but I have noticed this behavior in my Bearded Dragons. I hope you have figures out the cause by now....

firfy

Reptiles will often lift one leg, put it back down and lift another left up when the temps of the ground is too hot for them....you did not mention if this was on the hot side or the cool side of your enclosure, on dirt, substrate or on rocks or something that might get hot if exposed to a warming light such as a rock or cement surface..... I have not noticed this behavior in my tegus, but I have noticed this behavior in my Bearded Dragons. I hope you have figures out the cause by now....
She was on my carpet, but it was not hot or too cold

firfy

maybe she just don't like the feel of the carpet, I don't know, like I said, I never seen this in my Tegus, good luck.....
Ya its probably she is stretching or just the carpet feels a bit weird

gtvanni

My tegu does the same thing! It’s always before she plays with a toy so we think she might just be excited
Sometimes my blue tegu will just stand in place and lift one of her back legs, place it back down, then lift the other, and place it back down, she will do this maybe for 3-5 seconds then just walk away, does this mean anything? This usually happens earlier in the year.

My tegu does the same thing! It’s always before she plays with a toy so we think she might just be excited

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced