• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Let me introduce us

Dawn Gaffney

Hi I’m Dawn and I have a 3 month old tegu, named Gambit.I got him when he was about a week old, if even that. He’s awesome and amazing! He is very tenacious and he was jumping on my shoulder a couple days after getting him home( his enclosed is shoulder high), lol. Hope to get to know you and your tegus soon!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey!! A jumping Tegu! How cool. Something new to teach my 2 yr old to do. (LOL) The 3 month olds are fun. They have nothing else to go on than to trust you. Cute name too. You'll find good info here - trust what you hear. I've never been led wrong. :D

Dawn Gaffney

Hey!! A jumping Tegu! How cool. Something new to teach my 2 yr old to do. (LOL) The 3 month olds are fun. They have nothing else to go on than to trust you. Cute name too. You'll find good info here - trust what you hear. I've never been led wrong. :D
That’s awesome to know, thank you. And yeah, he likes to jump and climb a lot . He’s a bit of a daredevil. Just wish he was eating more. He’s still super energized, just not when it comes to food. And trust me, I’ve tried everything, lol

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
As Alpha Alpha always says.....big changes in his environment require a period of settling and stabilization. He'll get hungry enough to eat! Also - I enticed mine with a raw egg/crushed eggshell in a shallow bowl. That should only be a treat though, not a daily staple. Right Walter1? :rolleyes:

Dawn Gaffney

As Alpha Alpha always says.....big changes in his environment require a period of settling and stabilization. He'll get hungry enough to eat! Also - I enticed mine with a raw egg/crushed eggshell in a shallow bowl. That should only be a treat though, not a daily staple. Right Walter1? :rolleyes:
Thanx for your input, I appreciate as much insight as possible

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jumpin' tegus, another member!
Welcome. Good folks, good advice.

Close, Debita! An egg, beaten or not, alone or poured on something, as a hard-to-resist incentive to eat. I'd skip chicken egg shells, though.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello and welcome... I'm sure gambits appetite will pick up with familiarisation of his new home but if not just keep offering food as sooner or later survival instinct will soon take over as no healthy animal will starve its self.... Do you know it's diet before you got it?

Dawn Gaffney

Hello and welcome... I'm sure gambits appetite will pick up with familiarisation of his new home but if not just keep offering food as sooner or later survival instinct will soon take over as no healthy animal will starve its self.... Do you know it's diet before you got it?
He was basically a hatchling when I got him. He ate and drank whole heartily the first 2 months. This not eating thing is new. He stopped eating insects, so I’ve been giving him chicken, turkey, and egg, w/ calcium mixed in.He ate that for the first 2 weeks, then stopped. I offered him insects again,plus everything else I read he eats,but he shuns them, lol, minus an Occasional cricket now and then. He did eat quite a bit of chicken yesterday. I left it in his enclosure. I hate leaving meat in too long,,but he did eat. Thanx for the positivity

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They can be finicky little animals - Mine look at insects as if they're part of the hood....no interest in eating them. Their palates change over time too.

Bobo9

My tegu won’t touch a cricket now she eats the chicken liver I put in sumtimes but soon as I droped a pinky mice she went crazy for them that all she wants now what to do

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Lol....is there a problem Bobo9? That sounds like success!! Embrace the pinkies! Mine never liked bugs. High-end Tegus! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced