• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

leash training

RobK.

mine hates his . did the death role like a crocodile . :s
i guess i need to put it on him a little each day .

RobK.

dragonmetalhead said:
Did you use an iguana lead or a harness-style leash?

a very small cat harness .

tried it again today and he went nuts . he got sooo ticked when i tried to un tangle him he looked like he was trying to bite me. i was watching for that .I don't think i will bother with a leash .

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Kodo doesn't like to wear his harness and is quite adept at taking it off, but once it's one he is pretty tolerant of it. Gives me a sense of security when I take him on public outings and serves as an attractant for curious onlookers (most people find it rather novel to see a lizard on a leash).

AP27

Odin hated his at first so I just used positive association and only let him roam with the harness on, so eventually he learned that leash meant freeroaming time and now he's completely comfortable with having it on. It just takes time.

Dana C

I heard Gordo say once, "Leash? Leash? I don need no stinking leash".....wait maybe that was from "Treasure of Sierra Madre". LOL

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got mine use to the leash at a really young age, but even then it was baby steps. It was first just putting it on around his head and let him get use to that. Then it was around the body but not buckled. Once he got use to the buckle he was allowed to free roam. Now he is cool with the harness and sort of ok with the leash, lol.

RobK.

That last time i tried ( mentioned above ) when he did the dead role he got tangled in the rope and was so mad he tried biting me while i untangle him . once out of it he was fine but breathing very hard from being so upset .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam