• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juvie Tegu sexing question

Mario

Good morning,

I have two 10 month Tegus and I decided to try and sex. The big one I thought was a male because of some Jowl I felt around and did not feel a "BB" on it at all, on my smaller one I thought was a female I felt around and on one side I felt a little nub (guessing that's the BB everyone talk about) but did not feel it on the other side. Is it possible that only one is mature enough to be felt?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Please post good side shots of the lizard and clear close up of the vent area. Will take a crack at it.

Mario

Ok it took awhile but I have finally been able to get my tegus comfortable enough to allow me to pick them up and take pictures. Sorry for taking so long to post but I did not want to take a step back in the trust I was building.

I think female

d05dbd21e231892ce175056a39be66d8.jpg

7781b188cc38dc680ace5e1eaf0bd334.jpg
3a61dc51099e7c30c0df74e4177e51e6.jpg

This one I think is male
4ba4fe7ac2b61c1c2d2349ccf1d65408.jpg
748de4aaf4cc8ddd6d3c3edcdc7ad352.jpg

Pleased to here your comments/ thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mario

Thanks guys, sadly these guys are coming up on one year and I had made major progress. I was able to take them out without a problem but 3 days of tong feeding them hopper mice in their enclosure that were leftover from my weekly ball python baby feeding they are extra aggressive. I been hanging in there through the bites but these guys are coming up at a year old and it's starting to hurt. I think I will never feed in the enclosure again and will need to start wearing gloves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam