• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just some things about my blue =)

Steven.

So for those who have been keeping up with me, you know that i have been having issues getting my basking temp up. So finally today i did some measuring and monitoring and after 5 hours of my powersun being on, temps were finally past 110.

2012-08-21170439.jpg

I think i might have to go and get a darker brick as suggested.

-I'm still trying to figure out a name for my baby blue. I can't seem to put his personality to a name.. He mostly spends his days chilling and walking through his enclosure. Hes super fast though. As soon as you come in the room he runs around couple seconds then he calms down and chills. When i hold him, he's pretty clam, he doesn't run in my hand, more of the flicking and walking hand to hand. He'll stop and just go belly down on my palm and chill there for a couple of seconds, then up and about again. One thing i noticed is he really doesn't hide much for a little guy, he likes to be in the open When he gets all speedy, he starts to dig but that its. Also in the night time when he sleeps, he'll bury himself but his whole body will stay exposed lol. just his face is gone. This is his day today..

2012-08-21170515.jpg

2012-08-21170454.jpg

He's passed out under the bulb, but like i said body exposed face gone..lol

[size=large]Any suggestions on raising the temps, handling him and feeding him will be much apperciated. Thanks..[/size]

agv0008

I have found that using a thinner rock helps get the temp more consistent. Something like a paving stone for a walkway boosted up with some wood should help the temp get up without it taking 5 hours. That huge brick you are using will always take forever to heat up.

Steven.

Genius!!! Thanks guys.. Im also having a really big issue with his substrate. It keeps getting in his eyes.. Like a lot. I just had to wash his face and everytime he blinked.. A piece of eco earth came out. It sucks because I've sand in my eyes before so i kinda know how he feels... What do you guys think i should do?...

sent from my phone to your eyes

Murkve

How many hiding spots do you have in there? I've found that tubes of cork bark make fantastic furniture. They love to use them as tunnels, dig under them, climb on top of them, etc. Because most are so light, you can set it on top of the substrate.

Steven.

I don't have any hides in the cage. I actually use either a armless white tee or just a tee i wore the day before in the cage. He cuddles up in it and sleeps throughout the day

sent from my phone to your eyes

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi