• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just curious

Mich lady

My tegu is not very good motivated. He eats but very little. Could it be because he is still getting used to things? He usually hides most of the day. And comes out to bask here and there. On a positive note, he will let me hold him now.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mich Lady,

How long have you had him? Is he pooping? What are the basking, ambient, and hide temps? What does he eat?

Mich lady

Had him a month. Basking temp 107-115 . Hide 78. Ambient temp 80. He poops but it's always diarrhea. He just shed. He has fat on him. Never see him drink though. But has water container big enough to soak in. I also let him soak in the tub a couple times a week

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A lot of eggs can result in the runs.

Maybe he's fine. If concerned, a vet check never a bad thing.

Tizzay89

You gotta watch them alot to see them drink. Or be lucky lol but it is funny to see.

Everything your feeding it is super fatty. Switch gizzards to livers or hearts those much better meat than gizzards.

Try mixing meat egg and dandelion greens together n cook it slightly.

Also add insects to diet. Live insects should get you a nice feeding response and they are a staple imo

Mine had the same run issue adding fiber fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980