• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

just 2 crappy pics

dicy

5 Year Member
like the name of the topic says 2 pics of my latest aditions to the herp fam
prasinus1.jpg

prasinus2.jpg

dicy

5 Year Member
? they r just aprox 15 cm so my gues is a month ore 2 hmm good question i need to call the breeder now :D

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow, they look much bigger in the pics. Definitely too young to sex. What is your enclosure setup for them?

dicy

5 Year Member
for now just a smal2x2x2ft viv whit a few holow corck branches a few normal branches and sum fake plants reptibark on the floor a small water dish 1 40 watts spot 1 uv tube and and a fake rock nothing special for now

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow, they look so colorful! Sweet! Have you had this species before?

How are they to care for? I skimmed one website and it looks like they need crazy high humidity and a pretty high basking temp. Again, theyre gorgeous!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hangtown - from my understanding they are one in the same.

From what I have read and heard they are a very difficult species to keep. It would be much easier in a naturally humid location.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Hangtown - from my understanding they are one in the same.

From what I have read and heard they are a very difficult species to keep. It would be much easier in a naturally humid location.

Just on the one site I skimmed it said like 70% humidity! They look really neat, might be fun for a more experienced keeper. Too challenging for me!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alot of monitors are recommended to be kept at or above 70%. The problem is these guys aren't very hardy and need things perfect to thrive. They are very shy as well, and stress very easily from everything I have read and people I have talked to.

Varanus K.Face

Yeah, they need TONS of hide spots and thick foliage to feed safe. Very very flighty and insecure. I have been able to hold them before, but on their terms. They do well with misting systems built into their habitat too. They kinda remind me of chameleons....but of the varanid world hahaha. Mainly because of their high stress levels and being a look but don't touch kinda pet.

Good luck and be careful! They are sensitive little guys!!!

dicy

5 Year Member
they r definetly not shy and yes i already have worked whit this species and ones they r adjusted to u and the suroundings they become fearless these 2 lil ones i just picked up satherday and already eat from pliers these 2 i just handspray the others i have a misting system for but do handspray them to a good site on these guys is http://www.baumwaran-community.de/ but i dont know how it translates whit google ore babblefish but it has great info on howto keep m healthy and happy

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It seems to be translating well. Bist du aus detuschland?

oder sind sie aus deutschland? i think thats the formal way, its been a few years haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced