• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

IT ALWAYS WORKS!!!!

Steven.

Wassup guys.. Back to the basketball shorts taming method.. I don't know what it is.. Maybe the material of the shorts...but all my tegus have enjoyed taking naps in my lap and it has been the most successful taming method I've used.. I hold him for 30 minutes a day after he eats and in one week time there is a huge difference with taking him out the enclosure.. Walking by the enclosure and even holding him.. Its been very good to me..lol..Check it out..

[attachment=5704]
[attachment=5705]
[attachment=5706]
[attachment=5707]
[attachment=5708]

sent from my phone to your eyes

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352225578912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352225578912.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352225607506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352225607506.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 9
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352225633289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352225633289.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 9
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352225648969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352225648969.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352225664102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352225664102.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 9

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I got to try this

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Where is the best place or room to.try this

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I have loud kids and plus a. Dog and cat to much noise I get scared he will run

Steven.

My gu is afraid of heights though so everytime he gets close to the end he comes backs... Might be different if your tegu likes to fly...lol

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say whatever works, go with it! Nice shots - looks like your training is coming along nicely!

Steven.

Re: RE: IT ALWAYS WORKS!!!!

Josh said:
I say whatever works, go with it! Nice shots - looks like your training is coming along nicely!

Well thank you o powerful one

chitodadon said:
He flew one time out my hands

Just give it a shot.. See they have no where to go if he's afraid of heights.. So what i do is i make a cave with my hands on my lap.. Then he'll go in it and curl up and keep his head out.. Always watching and aware of movements.. Ill rub him slowly and talk to him everyday.. It works great..

chitodadon said:
I have loud kids and plus a. Dog and cat to much noise I get scared he will run

Take him in a room maybe?.. I think the mistake Im making is that i have his enclosure in my room.. If Im not there.. No one is.. So its takes longer for him to run when the door opens or when i walk by the enclosure because he's not use to it... I think them being around activity plays a great deal in the taming process..

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
My enclosure is in my.living room where everyone ia

Steven.

Would you trust him on your lap?.. Or do you think he'll just off and go running?..

Steven.

You should try getting him use to your hands.. Let him bask on your hand.. Pick him up and move him in the enclosure.. Couple seconds of him in your hand.. Then increase it as he get better.. Keep in mind.. So tegu will never tolerant being held.. Hopefully not yours...=]

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's the power of your shorts, lol. Seriously though, my daughter tamed our Colombian by letting it sleep with her in a flannel blanket while my daughter did homework.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Be lets me pet him and pick him up but gets a lil skittish so I stopped picking him up but he lives to be pet he is just in a bad shed right now

Ntyvirus

I used an old work shirt as a hide and my teg is pretty well behaved. Took him to my friends per store for a field trip and was perfectly behaved even when some kids tried to grab his face... And then their mom tried to grab him out of my hands... I hate people

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced