• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this some sort of cross?

Draco D Tegu

I'm getting a new scaley this weekend. A very tame large female Ig. Looking at this girl, I do think she is some sort of cross due to her blunted snout. I've been looking at iggy pics all over the place, and the normal green iguana (and my current iggies as well) have a more tapered snout. And not a single one has the blue coloration she has.

She also has some very bright blue hues around her eyes and on her face. Any ideas what she could be crossed with? The pic's a little fuzzy will get better pics when I actually get her home.

puppy.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its a normal green iguana, looks like either she rubbed her snout alot or she has/had mbd and it deformed her snout

Draco D Tegu

Well I've seen the iggy in person (getting her from a friend of mine), which region do they come from where they are blue in color? I know that the el salvadorians are brighter green than the other regions, so I'm curious now.

She has no malformation of the jaw or scarring from noserub, which I'd think would be evident to cause that much blunting. I know she's getting UVB now. Not sure what the previous owners had her under (before my friend got her).

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There used to be two subspecies of green igs, but I believe they are recombined back into one, Iguana iguana. Some have rounded snouts, some have rostral horns, some are a tad bluer/greener/oranger. It's just regional differences, like having a Scandinavian or Hispanic look in humans.

Draco D Tegu

Hmmm, I'm just wondering where she came from is all. Regardless, this is one very nice, very tame lizard. I will be glad to have her in my collection.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I cant remember which is which but i think its el savador and mexico, i think the el savadors are the ones that get the blue coloring in them and have a white face, and the mexicans are darker in color

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know what you mean. I have a green ig and I used to wonder what part of the world he would have come from. It's fun to figure that out. He used to have the little horns before he rubbed them off. :( I think I have it in a book somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it here for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980