• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this an extreme??

rule6660

5 Year Member
Hello all I was just wondering if this might be an extreme or if she's a plane black and white? i got her last july. Thanks :) ~AJ~
Her name is Athena
100_1463.jpg

100_1465.jpg

100_1466.jpg

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You should pm Bobby; he could almost definitely answer your question.

As for the question itself, I HIGHLY doubt that it is an extreme
(that is, unless you bought her from Bobby of Varnyard Herps himself, of course!)

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Even if it isn't an extreme, who cares. A tegu is a tegu. Black and whites are just as cool. If Extreme giants were the ones commonly available and regular black and whites were uncommon, everyone would seek out the regulars. Don't fret. Your tegu is very nice looking and healthy.

rule6660

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. oh im not fret'n i was just readin that the extremes had the "V" under the neck and noticed she had the V. so i asked :) shes a little skittish but ones shes out shes fine. there awsome lizards!! Thanks again ~AJ~

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey AJ,
Welcome to the forums! Good lookin lil girl you got going on! In my opinion, it looks to be a normal B/W...I don't see the creamyness associated with the Chocoans on her. The V under the neck doesn't always indicate a Chocoan as well. Bobby was just saying that all his Chocoans are born with this characteristic but that doesn't mean the normals can't have it. But ya never know, the lighting can be a little tricky....the final say should be said by the master himself!

rule6660

5 Year Member
A friend of mine got her on the internet sumwhere not sure. hes off in iraq ill try to find out for you. thanks for the help guys ~AJ~

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Hey AJ,
Welcome to the forums! Good lookin lil girl you got going on! In my opinion, it looks to be a normal B/W...I don't see the creamyness associated with the Chocoans on her. The V under the neck doesn't always indicate a Chocoan as well. Bobby was just saying that all his Chocoans are born with this characteristic but that doesn't mean the normals can't have it. But ya never know, the lighting can be a little tricky....the final say should be said by the master himself!

This is true, some normals will have the V. However, this tegu looks to me like a normal BnW.

rule6660

5 Year Member
well thank god the "lizard-sit a 'gu!" is not true! I am keeping her and he wants her back he can buy a new one :) he only had her for a monthe and i got her in september so :) but thanks for the help

rule6660

5 Year Member
i have been giving my older tegu bath's to help with her shedding and the other day i put the both together and they did good so hopfully i can keep them together more often

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a few normals that have the full V, I am going to check them and see how many have this. I will also check all of the extremes to see if they have it. I would think that one every now and then might not, but at this point I do not know for sure.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Not to get off topic but I think my BnW is going to be a big boy last month when I measured him he was 30" at 7 months and swtbrats extreme was 32" at 7 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam