• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Interacting with tegu

Mikeiam

So my tegu tolerates me and is totally docile but she has snapped at me thinking I’m food, she’s getting pretty big and I just wonder how I can interact with her more to get her use to hanging with me when she’s out an about she just try’s to find a hiding spot never wants to be around me

mayhewwet

What kind of tegu do you have?

What I did with my black and white in the beginning, and what I've read around, is to start them out in a smaller space like an empty bathtub, and you get in and sit with them. That way, they can roam, but can't roam far from you, and have to get used to your presence.

Then you can graduate them up to letting them roam around the bathroom, but shut the door and keep them there. Then expand to the bedroom. My black and white still isn't affectionate like some people describe theirs -- like coming up to me for petting -- but she will walk near and around me.

Mikeiam

I have a black and white argentine tegu , I ordered her from snakes at sunset which imported them from uraguay I think it was . She was a juvenile I did all of that but now that it’s a bugger area she just hides under the anything she can but when she walks around she don’t care to walk pass me she’s fine with it . I’m thinking I just needa hold her more

mayhewwet

I have a black and white argentine tegu , I ordered her from snakes at sunset which imported them from uraguay I think it was . She was a juvenile I did all of that but now that it’s a bugger area she just hides under the anything she can but when she walks around she don’t care to walk pass me she’s fine with it . I’m thinking I just needa hold her more

Good idea. My friend got a hoodie with a large center pocket to fit a tegu -- that gives the tegu a dark hiding spot while also getting used to being handled by you. Plus bonus body heat.

Nikki Gregory

Hey that’s where I got my little guy from! How long ago did you get yours? Do you know when she hatched?

Mikeiam

Hey that’s where I got my little guy from! How long ago did you get yours? Do you know when she hatched?
I got her some time in January this year , they only had I think a hand full in stock she was imported to them as juveniles I got her when she was 6 months old

Mikeiam

This is the one I got , of course it was 6 months ago she wasn’t a yearling

Attachments

• 9F6F1434-1E32-4D1D-9202-1CF146FAEF63.png
    9F6F1434-1E32-4D1D-9202-1CF146FAEF63.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member