• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Insects for Adult Tegu?

G

What type of insects can be fed to an adult tegu?

It just seems like most common feeders would be too small for a large Argentine or Giant... lol

Also, I'm in Canada so that rules out the use of roaches of any kind...

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
How about horn worms and earth worms,i read as adults they really do not need insects though.

You could buy some from here,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mulberryfarms.com/Shipping-Returns-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mulberryfarms.com/Shipping-Returns-1.html</a><!-- m -->

They ship worldwide and have a good rep by me.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AS said earthworms or nightcrawlers are great snacks, and hornworms and silkworms are also great, just make sure that the hornworms are raised as feeders as wild ones can be toxic. Some people sell stick bugs as feeders. I know this are inscents but crabs, crawfish, and other crustations can be used. Mine just had some frog legs and snails and loved them.

Any feeder inscets can be used, just when they are adults they do not seem to bother with little things. It makes scense they waste more energy catching the food then they get from consuming it.

G

Thanks.

I have found a supplier that has a huge assortment of insect feeders. Just not roaches... which would be so ideal. It just seems that most feeders are too small for larger tegus.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam