• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Indoor Enclosure Do's and Dont's?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey guys,
So my uncle and I are going to be building Fason an enclosure over my winter break. I was just hoping you guys had some suggestions or ideas to try. What seemed to work for you? What didn't work? Would you do anything different? Thanks for any tips!!!

dorton

5 Year Member
If it opens in the front make it deep enough so you
can have the substrate a few inches lower than the opening. That way unlike me you wont have to shovel the substrate off the carpet when the door is opened.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Height is not important; remember ground space is more of what is needed. Also build it where it will stay more humid.

AB^

5 Year Member
Dont- use a screen top
Do - use a solid top
Dont- make the cage so it can hold little substrate\
Do- make a litter dam

:)

I would disagree with the previous statement that height is not important(though I know bobby meant in the climbing space sense) I beleive the cages should be at least 2.5 feet tall, this will give you 1 foot of space to fill with substrate so the tegu can burrow, then about 18 inches of "viewing area"

example:

Incomplete tegu cage (old Pic)

DSC00310.jpg

you can see on the bottom that piece of wood, that is the litter dam, which will allow about a foot of substrate (though with merinae they will burrow deeper if allowed) and you can also note the solid top. This will be a much more effecient way of maintaining humidity and heat with in the cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced