• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I work nightshift

Mikemikemike

Hey guys,

Quick question. I'm considering getting a tegu, one of my biggest concerns is that I work nightshift. Would I be able to set his lights up to my schedule? Where he wakes up in the afternoon, and goes to bed in the early morning? It would make feeding him, spending time, and caring for him easier.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I understand wanting to overlap with them, but their natural diel rhythyms shouldn't suffer.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cant you set his lights on a normal daily routine ...... If you work nights I'd have thought if you arrive home as his lights come on, if you get a routine of chatting, feeding, watering and giving him a little morning nudge. My personal opinion is that this would give you a few hours before sleep for bonding and your tegu would have the afternoon to himself and still live in daily hours.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I think you might be disappointed because their instincts are pretty strong. How many times have I read on this forum about their clock that knows better that anything...when it's time to brumate? They need this for their health.

There are lots of nocturnal lizards too.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Between 9:15 and 9:30 am, my three tegus emerge for the first of two daily activity pulses like clockwork.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi