• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I need help picking asap!

ilovelizards

I cant pic withone I want i want one with alot of orange but they both looks cool.I can pick 2 the 2 smaller ones are supost to be 12 inches and just look tiny
005-2.jpg

looks like a female

this one looks like a male
004-2.jpg

This is a larger female about 16 inches
008-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I wouldn't pick either! They are not the sizes said to be,if so then they are really skinny. If you do get them and something turns out to be wrong with them,do not be surprised.

ilovelizards

TeguBuzz said:
If they are free, take them ASAP. They are in terrible conditions.

I could tell and planing on makeing the trip monday i hope thats the soonest i can get there I feel bad 4 them

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Free,if thats the case then,Take both and you CAN try to save them, and when you see the guy if he has any other reptiles,try to start a conversation about proper husbandry, direct him toward some forums,books and or articles.

But not knowing what exactly else is wrong this might get pricey and difficult. Hope they still have a good appetite.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good luck with them if you get them. It's a sad thing to see. Make sure to keep them away from other animals for a while in case they are carrying something. I would definitely direct the current owner to a forum, I always suggest various forums to people. You can even mention the forum as a great place to chat with others with the same animal instead of "to learn more about their care", some people get pretty defensive.

ilovelizards

rhetoricx said:
Good luck with them if you get them. It's a sad thing to see. Make sure to keep them away from other animals for a while in case they are carrying something. I would definitely direct the current owner to a forum, I always suggest various forums to people. You can even mention the forum as a great place to chat with others with the same animal instead of "to learn more about their care", some people get pretty defensive.

I know they are staying well away from my tegu buddy,germ x stuff is all around my house so very clean tring to find feeder roaches

anyone know were to get feeder roaches in FL I need them ASAP

ilovelizards

I think. Its just llack of the day care botth only got 7-8 every 2-3 days&the rest of the time calcium. Powdered romain.with probly no or little uvb.will keep everone updated

Not enought crickets&unclean cages

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good luck in rescuing these little guys !
It's great that you can take them in!

ilovelizards

Ok getting them on wen. After school I set up there cage today tile,food&water bowls,logs,rock high basking plat form,baskinng ubv light&getting a reptisun 1o.o usb floresent light asap.any other suggestions?

Deac77

5 Year Member
id say try not to house them together beardies dont really like friends and since they look underfed even as juvi's the agression may be raised i had many hatchlings when i first started lost toes or tails because of fights or just being clumbsy eaters also stay away from any form of sand they are not near as hardy as a tegu mines on tile retains heat well they should end up being some pretty morphs tho!

ilovelizards

Deac77 said:
id say try not to house them together beardies dont really like friends and since they look underfed even as juvi's the agression may be raised i had many hatchlings when i first started lost toes or tails because of fights or just being clumbsy eaters also stay away from any form of sand they are not near as hardy as a tegu mines on tile retains heat well they should end up being some pretty morphs tho!

I know the cages are all set up&they have tile bottoms &what if you feed them each in a seprate area one at a time then there would be no need to fight over food atleast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam