• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I need guidance with my tegu!

Chrystofer

good morning folks, my tegu is a long time without making the change and his skin started to get a little dry, but he sees some spots on the tip of his nose and the syrup and this is worrying me, can you tell me if it's normal? I bathe in the bath almost every day and it remains dry. . . My second problem is the actions, today you see a small worm in your actions and here in Brazil, where else, there is no veterinarian specialized in reptiles, someone could indicate some medicine or treatment for this problem of worms.

Attachments

• IMG-20200508-WA0250.jpeg
    IMG-20200508-WA0250.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20200508-WA0251.jpeg
    IMG-20200508-WA0251.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20200508-WA0286.jpeg
    IMG-20200508-WA0286.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200508_143647.jpg
    IMG_20200508_143647.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41

rantology

Hi and welcome. Those pics dont look too bad at all to me, the tail actually looks pretty good (thats usually the prime suspect for stuck shed). The nose could be from rubbing potentially too...

Can you tell us what humidity his enclosure is at normally? Fill his hide with sphagnum moss and keep it moist - thats an easy solution for helping with dryness. A little crushed/powdered Vitamin-B complex supplement and a little fish oil in their food can help with shedding too.

Chrystofer

[QUOTE = "rantology, post: 174373, membro: 10368"] Olá e bem-vindo. Essas fotos não parecem muito ruins para mim, uma cauda realmente parece muito boa (isso geralmente é o principal suspeito de um galpão preso). O nariz pode estar esfregando potencialmente também ...

Você pode nos dizer qual é o gabinete que ele está normalmente? Encha a pele dele com musgo esfagno e mantenha-o úmido - é uma solução fácil para ajudar na hora. Um pouco de suplemento de complexo B de vitamina B em pó / triturado e um pouco de óleo de peixe em seus alimentos também pode ajudar a perder peso. [/ ORÇAMENTO]
[QUOTE = "rantology, post: 174373, membro: 10368"] Olá e bem-vindo. Essas fotos não parecem muito ruins para mim, a cauda realmente parece muito boa (isso geralmente é o principal suspeito de um galpão preso). O nariz pode estar esfregando potencialmente também ...

Você pode nos dizer em que umidade o gabinete dele está normalmente? Encha a pele dele com musgo esfagno e mantenha-o úmido - é uma solução fácil para ajudar na secura. Um pouco de suplemento de complexo B de vitamina B em pó / triturado e um pouco de óleo de peixe em seus alimentos também podem ajudar a perder peso. [/ ORÇAMENTO]
muito obrigado por sua ajuda, vou seguir todas as suas dicas. A umidade é de cerca de 70 a 75%.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Walter and debita are probably the first two people to give me advice and they are one of the many pros on here

I don't feel like a pro...especially mentioned in the same sentence as my Yoda....Walter1.

But thanks my sweet Godzilla!! (LOL) You're on your way to being a great herpetologist!

Merlot

Here is the vitamin b complex they are talking about. Take the pills and crush them down finely and add it to your food. They’ll absorb what they need and poop the rest out. I’ve heard that due to the nature of how they absorb/ excrete vitamin b, they can’t “OD” on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Here is the vitamin b complex they are talking about. Take the pills and crush them down finely and add it to your food. They’ll absorb what they need and poop the rest out. I’ve heard that due to the nature of how they absorb/ excrete vitamin b, they can’t “OD” on it

Hey Merlot - Thanks for the Vit B info... I have been using a different product, not getting anywhere fast. I might have to try that specific manufacturer. And yeah, I heard it's water soluble so they apparently take what they need and slough the rest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam