• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I need everyone's stories!

MickJagger

I've had reptiles growing up my entire life, and now that I have all my company's running smoothly I'll have time to share my life with an amazing creature such as the chacoan white head! He'll be ordered by the end of the day Can you guys and gals remember some priceless moments that would only build my excitement! And also any new tegu owner tips? All is greatly appreciated! I wanna hear all your best stories! Cheers mates! Tegu on!

Matt Lesh

Take your time with taming! I've started the process of taming my tegu about 3 weeks ago and i can already tell its going to be a long journey!
Get welder gloves they help a lot!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!
The first day home is always special. Just be patient and remember to always consider what is the best for the animal. Don't force anything. Be observant of their behavior and be aware of their patterns. You will start to learn a lot from them and you will be able to take cues from their behavior and act/react accordingly.

MickJagger

That's awesome, I seriously can't wait, I've cleared out his own room to himself, what about potty training? How does that work usually? Start them off young? It's a great thing that I weld ALOT so there's no shortage of different gauge gloves I can wear. Are they nippy as youngsters?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
With all training, start them off young. Your patience will be the limitation as far as training goes.
Youngsters in the wild are prey to lots and lots of stuff so they're naturally not very trustworthy. They're not more nippy, they're just more flighty and unsure of your motives.

MickJagger

Awesome thank you so much josh, so the place where I had placed my order is telling me they don't have any chacoans at the moment, can you find me a great breeder who would love to sell me a chacoan giant?

Rebecca Stout

TeguTerra and Ty Parks are two of the top breeders.

Someone can speak up if there is a problem with these guys, but Under ground reptiles always seems to have a lot. Its either LLL or Underground that I've heard mixed reviews on. Pretty sure its not Underground. There are tons of videos of them on youtube. They are pretty open and up front with how they raise and breed their tegus in that movies show their outdoor breeding grounds and close ups.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam