• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I love these!!

Wil

5 Year Member
Gilas are great to work with. I am really enjoying them. If all goes well maybe I will have some hatchlings next year. I guess we'll see.

gila2.jpg

gila.jpg

babygila.jpg

Wil

5 Year Member
They are definitely worth the money. I hope to add to the collection as time goes on. Gilas are the pinnacle of North American reptile found in the U.S.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not at all suggesting they aren't worth it... But what about these lizards makes them worth so much money?

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
I'm not at all suggesting they aren't worth it... But what about these lizards makes them worth so much money?

I believe it's prolly because there rare. As they are one of only 2 lizards in the world that are venomus. Also I heard they are not that easy to breed.

Wil

5 Year Member
They aren't always like that. I made them pose like that, they don't like anything above them. And I believe that gilas are worth the cost, mostly because they aren't the easiest to breed and definitely not easy to incubate, also they aren't for everyone and there are a lot of irresponsible keepers that can come up with a couple of hundred dollars to buy a venomous snake that is way more deadly, so if you are going to buy a gila chances are you are going to be responsible in keeping them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980