• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I can't get my Columbian to eat anything except protein

Raegennaomi

Hey folks,
I'm very new to the Tegu World and I'm a little concerned about my juvenile. I received her as a rescue about a month ago, and from her size I'm guessing she's about 4 months old.

She eats and sheds well, and is very docile considering how young she is. The only problem is that she refused to eat ANY vegetation. I feel like I've tried just about everything.

She eats a mixture of Dubia roaches, crickets, hard boiled eggs, and mealworms. As well as the fruits and veggies that I try to feed her.

Any suggestions?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Colombians from what I've read are more carnivorious any ways , I have a 18 month old that has never eaten any veggies or fruit as he is just simply not interested and he is healthy and as stromg as an ox without ever having any shed or poop problems.

Raegennaomi

Colombians from what I've read are more carnivorious any ways , I have a 18 month old that has never eaten any veggies or fruit as he is just simply not interested and he is healthy and as stromg as an ox without ever having any shed or poop problems.

Well that definitely makes me feel better. Thank you!

Waters

Yeah I wouldn't be too concerned at this point....just be happy she is eating :) As she matures, she will become a little less picky and you will be able to sneak different foods in.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My take as well. Try ripe sweet strawberries and don't worry if only whole prey are taken.Fish oil will make skin shinyband shed well, calcium good/needed for bones.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced