• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Humidity Too High?

KhanKrazy

So I’m expecting a baby Blue Tegu soon. I have been experimenting with his enclosure this week in preparation. I currently have his basking spot at 113F, warm ambient is around 85-90 and the cool side is around 70-75. I have a Mist King set up and it reads the humidity at about 96% I’ve read it should be between 70-90% the substrate isn’t soaking wet or heavy it feels nicely saturated. Just looking for criticism, tips and advice.

I do know of course the enclosure is too small for a Tegu but it’s simply temporary while I and my friend finish up his two permanent ones. We’re building a 6x3x3 and also a 10x4x4 for when he is fully grown. There is no baby in this set up right now but expect one in about 3-7 days to arrive.

Attachments

• D79C684D-ED48-41D1-85DE-ECA27D123DC8.jpeg
    D79C684D-ED48-41D1-85DE-ECA27D123DC8.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42

TripleTegus

96 seems a tad high. Personally I would try to drop it below 90 as that to high is just as bad as not high enough. I like to avoid the possibility of a respiratory issue in any way.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lower all around humidity with a moist hide box with sphagnum moss. You're set. Nice going.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thats seems high to me too ..... maybe just put it on for a couple of hours each day and your enclosure should hold it till the next day.

If not maybe there's too much ventilation

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced