• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How Often ?

new2tegus

Just wondering how often everyone feeds their gu. I try to feed him twice a day, sometimes he eats like a pig both meals and others, only at one meal and a snack. Just curious what and how often you're feeding. Tried crickets and mealworms, hate them both. Currently waiting for my pinkies and dubias.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do what works for you. Gary and rango eat once daily. Guru eats every other day, he refuses food if I offer it daily.

Rats, lots of different fish, mango, banana, berries, apples, turkey, chicken, liver, shrimp, they can eat just about any meat.

new2tegus

Okay, good lol, somedays he will tear through a plate of food, and others he just basks next to it. Going to pick up more food for him today after work.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
While he was growing, mine ate more at a time as well as more frequently. This summer mine has eaten much less than last summer. He's also not growing anymore...

Pyr0kinesis

I offer food once a day.
She will usually pig out one day, then the next eat a smaller portion, then the next day she wont eat anything. She used to eat ALOT when she was younger and growing fast, but I think shes almost done growing, as she just turned a year old, and is right at 4 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam