• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How often should a baby tegu poop?

With steady feeding, every day or so.

Ok I have one that's pooping every other day cause for concern?... scratch that he just came over next to me and dropped a load off so that's 2 days in a row lol I'll keep observing. But what are some recommendations to get these guys going regularly if things don't seem to be going smoothly in the future? Also can the fact that he's still very new here have an impact on that? Stress, sudden dietary change, still acclimating?

They eat a ton and should likewise poop just about every day.

And as they get older and eat less often they poop less often as well correct? House about urate? I sometimes see urate with no poop at all... do they just have to pee sometimes? Is it a sign of constipation? Something worse?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok I have one that's pooping every other day cause for concern?... scratch that he just came over next to me and dropped a load off so that's 2 days in a row lol I'll keep observing. But what are some recommendations to get these guys going regularly if things don't seem to be going smoothly in the future? Also can the fact that he's still very new here have an impact on that? Stress, sudden dietary change, still acclimating?
Keep to a feeding routine.
More small pieces than few big pieces.
Fish oil.
Calcium powder.

Combined, lessens likelihood of constipation, which can be deadly, improves regularity in bowel movements, and improves overall health.

Don't worry if occasionally you skip a meal, but feed what he'll take at a sitting each day. Usually, they wipe their mouths on ground when done.

bsshig40

Keep to a feeding routine.
More small pieces than few big pieces.
Fish oil.
Calcium powder.

Combined, lessens likelihood of constipation, which can be deadly, improves regularity in bowel movements, and improves overall health.

Don't worry if occasionally you skip a meal, but feed what he'll take at a sitting each day. Usually, they wipe their mouths on ground when done.
It made me laugh when I read wiping their mouth. You are correct. Everytime my little guy gets done eating, he wipes his mouth off. Sometimes in between bites also.
To the Op's question, mine eats ever other day but pretty much poops and pees every day.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It made me laugh when I read wiping their mouth. You are correct. Everytime my little guy gets done eating, he wipes his mouth off. Sometimes in between bites also.
To the Op's question, mine eats ever other day but pretty much poops and pees every day.
You're doing it right. Follow the poop cycle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam