• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much is to much?

Tizzay89

So this bnw greeny eats now.. well it eats alot... 6med crickets 2 superworms.. and i think its still hungry.. very active in cage jumpin up n just searching it seems. Should i feed it more? Maybe try some fruits n meat?

Im askin cuz i no some things will eat till they get sick. So i kinda wanna avoid that. 6 crickets n 2 large worms seems like a lot for this lil tegu

Attachments

• 20190420_144221.jpg
    20190420_144221.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A nice spacious set-up. Looks good. He's ready for calcium-dusted frozen/thawed pinks and fuzzies.

Tizzay89

I really want it to eat chicken hearts livers etc. Petco is the only place i can get mice. Very spendy here in alaska. I dont mind as a treat but as a staple its gonna hurt the pocket lol

Is there any trick at all to get it to try this? Ive tried mixing it together with fruits egg none mixed cold warm

Edit
Thanks for noticing the hard work lol my sons Colombian got out of its cage.. so i built this cage. Its 3 tall 3 wide 5 long. Plan on expanding ofc but this does nicely. It explores alot.
Got moss coming soon that coco drys out ontop within a few hours.

Last edited:

Girros_the_tegu

For my hatchling, I always went by feed them until they aren't hungry anymore. Mine usually will flat out refuse more food when he is done. This young, they grow so fast that I feel they need the food.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980