• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

how get tagu back into enclosure

Gregor

my tegu gregor is almost 4 month old, I want to let him explore the living room so I can spend more time with him, (the living room is the most tegu friendly area)I want to know how to retrieve him in a timely manner without stressing him out incase someone needs the living room for something that might put him at risk, ie cooking or anything where they won't be able to fully pay attention to where he is so he doesn't get stepped on. thank you (living room and kitchen is connected)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
my tegu gregor is almost 4 month old, I want to let him explore the living room so I can spend more time with him, (the living room is the most tegu friendly area)I want to know how to retrieve him in a timely manner without stressing him out incase someone needs the living room for something that might put him at risk, ie cooking or anything where they won't be able to fully pay attention to where he is so he doesn't get stepped on. thank you (living room and kitchen is connected)
If he's tame/comfortable enough around you, lifting him up from undersneath should be easy enough.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
living room/ kitchen sounds like an awfully big place to be letting out a 4 month old tegu.... do you not have a hallway / bathroom or somewhere smaller to create a safer enviroment for him???
these guys are quick and get where water can not at this age...:D:D:tegu:

Gregor

thanks guys sorry for the long reply so I just reply need to wait till he's big enough more than anything and yea still haven't built up a whole lot of trust but I can feel theirs progress he's remaining calm longer then he had before looking forward to lazing on the couch and watching tv

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced