• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HOW BIG SHOULD MY TEGU BE?!?!?!

Xavier P

so I've have my B&W tegu for 10 weeks, got hims around 3 weeks old, soooo, how big should he be, right now he is about 12'. Eating primary crickets and super worms with supplements. If someone could just give the average length of a 3 month year old, that would be great.

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
Hey Xavier, welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Tegu BTW. So it's a little hard to give an average size just due to a laundry list of variables. However my male at about 3 months old was around 12 1/2 inches long. My female was about 12 inches. Their diet comprised of calcium powdered crickets, tilapia, eggs,apples and ground turkey. Hope this helps!

LizardStudent

It's really hard to give an average length. Recently there was a member on here with a 4 month old tegu that was two and a half feet. There was another with a tegu that was almost a year and a half at 14 inches. The range is huge, but in general they tend to have a very high growth rate within the first year. I got my girl at a month and a half old at about 12 inches and now she is not even 7 months old and I measured her at 30 inches earlier today

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744