• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

horned frog or cane toad

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I was thinkin about getting a cane toad, roccoco taod or a horned frog. I want somethin thats gonna grow huge! does anyone know the adult size of a horned frog? I read theres lots of species and lots of hybrids too. has anyone kept a large horned frog, or would a cane toad or roccoco toad be the largest.any help appreciated.

skippy

5 Year Member
go pixie!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/5171/wm/pd2214778.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img ... 214778.jpg</a><!-- m -->
horned frogs don't get all that big and cane toads are kind of blah even if you can find one for sale(not to mention the toxicity problems)

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't forget african bullfrog, I got a pixie a couple months ago and love it.. just have to be careful on the feeding, they'll eat themselves to death without thinking twice :crazy

nivek5225

5 Year Member
I would personally definately go with a cane toad!!! And they always have them at the reptile show here, but I really don't have room for another setup.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
thanks alot. im not sure what I'll get. It depends on what they have at the show today. possibly a juvenile cane toad. I saw them at the show before but they looked like adults/subadults which I dont care for because you cant determine thier age or how they have been treated.Im not spenting several hundred dollards at the vet on a 5-10 year old toad that i just bought for $20-30.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi