• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation re-adjustments?

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
anyone else notice about once a week their tegu readjusting their position in their substrate?

today Cin was kind enough to scoot over to the glass and let me see his sweet face for a few minutes before tucking back away from the glass.

he never surfaced, just scooted around underneath it all.
he also made strange noised (could be normal, i've never heard tegu noises before) that sounded like squeeking as he was readjusting.

i'd like to add that he's been in hibernation since i've gotten him.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They will shift their position from time to time. A few of mine have come out of their burrows on a warm day, yet others never come out until spring.

nat

5 Year Member
my little red for the past couple of days has been coming out and exploring and even eatting (Yes I know feeding isn't recomended but he is in my living room where it is very warm and he was coming out every day and basking / exploring so I figured he might not be as ready to hibernate as anticipated).

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
i thought i had figured it out, I had been keeping my window closed so it was getting a bit warmer than it had been inside, so last night i opened the window and he didnt rustle this morning at all. but about an hour ago he moved around some (all i could see was the subrstrate moving not him)

so i dont really know. i'm hoping i can wake him up early in about a month so by raising the temps in his cage. i really want to experience the little bugger.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i think all you have to do turn the lights off and open the windows a bit, and make sure Cin gets the cool air
and just turn the lights back on and close the windows suring the day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980