• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey guys I was wondering

Lochlan

Hey I was wondering my young tegu is having a lack of apatite lately about 2 weeks but is still really active he just goes to bed a little earlier and he's looking pretty skinny is this normal?

Lochlan

Well the last week he's been walking stiff and I'm starting to get worried, I've been giving him calcium with his food and keeping his temperatures up is there anything that I might be doing wrong?

Godzilla Earth

It could be a D3 overload. it has the same signs as metabolic bone disese so people often give them more calcium, which is ussualy encrusted with D3 so be careful

Lochlan

I haven't been giving him that much just a little with his food every two days in which he doesn't really eat

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Does he look good structurally? A little weight loss is normal even if they go in and out of brumation, but it shouldn't be something that doesn't pop back right away either.

My 2 tegus are completely confused about brumation, and go in and out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam