• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP constant constipation

ag3nt 0rang3

it seems my 4 year old Tegu keeps getting clogged up. when she finally goes she struggles to push out a huge yellow ball and then finally poops. it happens every few months. i try to feed her more veggies and berries and but she's very picky, only wanting meets and eggs and mice and reptilinks mostly. should i switch to hairless mice ? im going to start putting mineral water in her water daily. suggestions ??? thanks !

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Add fish oil to the food. Will also make skin shinyvand shedding easier.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you feed from a bowl add a bit of water or squeezed fruit juice to the food to help with hydration

ag3nt 0rang3

UPDATE - she since had surgery to remove huge urate mineral deposit buildup. stitches come out in a few more weeks. shes doing good. gotta try to bath her more and give her bottled spring water (i dont trust the tap water) to keep her more hydrated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam