• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello there :)

mc4rk1ll3r

Not currently keeping a tegu; but have wanted one for years and made the decision yesterday to bite the bullet and start preparing to own one after visiting a local reptile store and interacting with a lovely male black and white store pet. I have owned a rather sassy bearded dragon for the past 3 years so I do have some reptile experience. Looking to do research prior to purchasing a tegu.

We are planning to build a plywood enclosure that is 8x3x4. Will be asking lots of questions on that as it is my main concern as well as specifics on diet.

The animal I wish to keep is a captive bred black and white male so if anyone has leads on a good priced reputable breeder that would be great.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Glad you're here. Your future tegu will benefit.

Check out Hector's Habitat, Tampa. Ethical, legit.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey! Good to have you - you'll get lots of good info here. Sounds like you want only captive bred, but I love my wild caughts from Rodney at TEGUSONLY. My first purchase was a CB, and it died 3 months later of MBD. Rodney's animals seem very content given some time to adjust. The young ones adjust quickest. His prices are very reasonable, and he responds quickly to inquiries. Gotta love the cause that he works hard at!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam