• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Held hostage by my tegu

Sean32817

So I got home and discovered that Rex had gotten out of his home and was chilling under the couch.

I extracted him and informed him that he was a bad boy for having done so resulting in him retaliating by shoving his head between my belly and the couch and promptly falling asleep.

I confirmed he was definitely asleep by sucking in my belly to see his eyes closed and him breathing calmly.

As we all know, it isn't right to disturb our tegu when it falls asleep on our laps, so obviously I couldn't move Rex or stop petting him, thus resulting in the wife waking me up at almost 1am to inform me that if I don't return Rex to his home and join her in bed that I shall be abandoned on the couch with him.

I checked the tegu owners manual and it confirmed that I had performed my due diligence at that point and could put Rex away and join the wife in bed so that's what I'm doing after a last smoke for the night.

Mind you, this isn't the first time this has happened as the wife's bearded dragons have also taken me hostage by falling asleep on me and looking too cute and comfortable to disturb.

So has anyone else been held hostage by their tegu getting too comfortable on them?

Sean32817

The irony is that I used to make fun of cat owners for telling me that they couldn't get up or more because their cat had fallen asleep on their lap..sigh, karma...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980