• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Heat panel

M0718

So I’ve built mavis a new home now it’s time to heat this thing up , i have heat bulbs and fixtures but my basement does get cooler at night . So I’m thinking of putting a heat panel in there to keep the enclosure nice a warm for him with the heat bulbs for his basking spot. Yes I have uvb lights as well , so what are your thoughts on the heat panel?

rantology

What temps do you mean by "cooler"? you shouldnt have to heat unless it falls below 60-65. And even lower during that in the winter is fine, 50s. They will brumate (the cooler temps actually help them with their cycle)

Dylan koch

I personally had a heat pad that goes under the tank but that was when I had a full glass enclosure when they were smaller. Now I have no use for it because I dont think it would be to safe directly on wood. But I do really like the thick rubber ones kamp Keenan uses and rose city reptiles on youtube I forget the brand but I've been wanting to pick up a few! Because those can go on wood and I could screw them into the top side of their hide boxes!

Dylan koch

I think they are amazing and definitely help with heat but can be expensive! They definitely work great specially In hides with keeping the temp and dirt warm while they sleep or even under rocks or tile for body warmth while under basking lamps. Helps with digestion alot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam