• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HAMBURG... whose going what are u buying????

argus333

5 Year Member
oct 18th im going looking to buy mostly light bulbs and frozen mice. but who knows ,im always looking for a pair of sun-gazers and a pair of pancake tortoises. anyone looking to but say a alligator or cobra or black mambas?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will be going prob next year, I will just need to see how it goes.

argus333

5 Year Member
i too always say im not gonna buy anything too and then ..... sometimes it sucks when your wife is into lizards more than myself, no voice of reason.... SATURDAY!!!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's very tempting but it would cost us $60 in gas, $40 to get in and probably $60 in food, PLUS the cost of the rodents we need. Grand total = approx. $200, but probably more. Those are some expensive rats!!!! OH WAIT!!! We'd have to go to Cabela's for lunch!!! I doubt we'd get out of there for less than $100!!

argus333

5 Year Member
ya but where else can u buy spitting cobras and mambas and aligators. its worh it just to see them. i love this show. best in the usa hands down.... plus stuff is dirt cheap..

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We went in August last year. Not the time to go. It was 90 degrees with 90% humidity inside!! But if you like women wearing bikinis with cobras you'd like the show. Maybe we'll go back in the spring.

olympus

5 Year Member
Look at this huge piece of cork bark i bought for 35 bucks and 200 mice for 40 bucks can"t beat it.
IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

argus333

5 Year Member
sweet i bought mice as well 200 adult size and 100 pinkies $60. saw 1 black mamba and a lot of gaboons. saw a lot of cheap stuff and man was it crowded no recession in the reptile show business.

olympus

5 Year Member
I was gonna buy a sulcata but the guy left by the time I came back with the money.. Maybe on Dec.6 I'll get it...

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will definitely be at the next show. I have chatted with that cork bark guy. He is real nice. If you guys plan to be there, we will hafta meet up.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Show tomorrow! I'll be there bright and early. I will have a tegu talk tee on so stop and say whats up.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
argus333 said:
ya but where else can u buy spitting cobras and mambas and aligators. its worh it just to see them. i love this show. best in the usa hands down.... plus stuff is dirt cheap..

THEY HAVE SPITTING COBRAS!?!?!?!?! Whoa...

ashesc212

5 Year Member
What hours are the show and is it any different from the White Plains show? I don't have any money now but I'd like to see the interesting reptiles there. How much is it to get in?

Oh - Saturday shows...GREAT idea. I don't like how the White Plains one is on Sunday.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
When we went there in 8/07 as you walked in there was a woman in a bikini behind a cobra in a tank. I didn't know which one to stare at!!!

It was wicked hot in there!! It should be nice this time of year. We'd like to get out there again next year some time.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:
When we went there in 8/07 as you walked in there was a woman in a bikini behind a cobra in a tank. I didn't know which one to stare at!!!

Hahaha! That'd probably be an easy choice for me!:mrgreen: So is this show ALL venomous?

Question 1) Why do people by venomous snakes?
Question 2) How do you interact with a venomous snake? Is your relationship always kept to using a snake hook?
Question 3) Do you keep anti venom in your household at all times when you buy one?

I was watching some video of these 2 dudes bringing their copper snakes home and trying to feed one a live mouse. They just sat there and had the snake bite it on the butt. That's messed up....

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:

Hahaha! That'd probably be an easy choice for me!:mrgreen: So is this show ALL venomous?

Question 1) Why do people by venomous snakes?
Question 2) How do you interact with a venomous snake? Is your relationship always kept to using a snake hook?
Question 3) Do you keep anti venom in your household at all times when you buy one?

I was watching some video of these 2 dudes bringing their copper snakes home and trying to feed one a live mouse. They just sat there and had the snake bite it on the butt. That's messed up....
Not all venomous, they just allow the sales of them. It's great to see some the stuff you only see on TV.

YOU GOTTA GO!!!! It's an hour and a half right down I78!!!! And Cabela's is right up the street!!

8 South Fourth Street
Hamburg PA 19526

Exit 30 off of I78, go south less than half a mile down the road.

If you don't go I'll be at your house Sunday morning to take back the Tegu!!!!! :mrgreen:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Made it back alive and pet free from Hamburg! It was a big supplies day. I got all the accessories I needed for my 6x3x3 and will be setting it up tom. Saw some interesting stuff but nothing extra ordinary.

I also saw Argus333 and his wife. I only recognized him because of his hair!! LOL Very nice couple though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602