• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Grow Tents and Tegu Attention

Teggers

Hi All.
I've been thinking of doing the grow tent thing for a while so that I can easily give my guy a lot of space that holds heat and humidity better but I am worried about him feeling too isolated in there. I take him out and handle him multiple times a day and let him free roam from time to time but I also feel like a lot of our interaction just comes from every time I pass by his enclosure, him running over to see me at the glass, and then me stopping to sit there. Grow tents have such small windows... Thoughts? Thanks!

Allie22

Grow tents work great as long as you interact with your Tegu daily and give them time to roam and be with you they work very well. I have two grow tents that house My Male Tegu and another one that houses a baby. The baby is a bit flighty due to where I got it was very under weight so every once in awhile is cage aggressive. But they do very well at holding heat and humidity the only issue I have had with My big boy is that he kept jumping up at his lights. I then realized he just wanted a high spot to climb on so I made him some steps which have also in turn became his favorite hide.Lol...

Teggers

Grow tents work great as long as you interact with your Tegu daily and give them time to roam and be with you they work very well. I have two grow tents that house My Male Tegu and another one that houses a baby. The baby is a bit flighty due to where I got it was very under weight so every once in awhile is cage aggressive. But they do very well at holding heat and humidity the only issue I have had with My big boy is that he kept jumping up at his lights. I then realized he just wanted a high spot to climb on so I made him some steps which have also in turn became his favorite hide.Lol...
Thank you for this information. I think I'm going to do it! :)

LizardStudent

There are a couple threads on this forum where people show how they modified their grow tents to have virtually one whole side be a visible window by replacing the fabric with heavy duty vinyl. I did this for my girl and can watch her daily through the modified window

Teggers

There are a couple threads on this forum where people show how they modified their grow tents to have virtually one whole side be a visible window by replacing the fabric with heavy duty vinyl. I did this for my girl and can watch her daily through the modified w
There are a couple threads on this forum where people show how they modified their grow tents to have virtually one whole side be a visible window by replacing the fabric with heavy duty vinyl. I did this for my girl and can watch her daily through the modified window
Awesome. I will look for them. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced