• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Grazing behavior?

got10

I had Gonzo and the crew out this morning taking advantage of the free UV rays, while my son was playing in the yard, And lo and behold while the other Gu's are walking around the yard, Gonzo was eating something.And anyone knows that they will eat whatever whenever wherever even if its not good for them. Anyways, i pick him up to see what he had in his mouth but it was down his throat and history. , i put him down and watch him real close and he starts to eat the grass like he was grazing or something. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior in they're animals?
And is it bad for them to eat grass ?. Ive had tegus for about 15yrs and Im STILL learning things.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
If the grass is clean and free of fertilizers/pesticides/herbicides then there's no reason to be concerned. It may be an indication that this tegu is having issues with gut motility and is consuming high fibrous matter in an attempt to help get matter moving.

got10

Gonzo likes his greens and veggies as much if not MORE than his meat . But, I never have seen a tegu eat like that . Iggys ,tortioses but never tegus. It was just very suprising to me

got10

Newsflash! Gonzo was trying to get the moles gophers UNDER the lawn. He and Magnet dug some out and made quick work of them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced