• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got my new enclosure and I have a few Questions

SFMFOORAH

Hello i'm new here, I been waiting on my new enclosure, now that I have it I am needing to know where I can buy a retro HO fixture for the inside I would like at least a 36 inch fixture for my UVB bulb. I also need direction in where to find the ceramic retro sockets so that i may mount three of them on the ceiling of his new home? If anyone can point me in the correct direction would be awesome. Thanks alot everyone.

Attachments

• Tegu.jpg
    Tegu.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
  • tegu 2 .jpg
    tegu 2 .jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 92

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. I can't answer these queations but I know that there are members here that can. Glad you're here.

TripleTegus

I would say check home depot or whatever hardware store u like. If they don't have any in store they might be able to order something for you. If not you can always ask the Google. That enclosure looks really awesome by the way. Good job.

SFMFOORAH

Yeah I found everything seems everything Arcadia is sold out everywhere. I am now looking for some type of monitoring system something digital for temp humidity and also to be able to monitor it all by zones. I’m in the process of making the DIY fogger to put on a timer to help hold the humidity in this enclosure since it’s kind of big.

SFMFOORAH

The new enclosure is finished and today is moving day for big boy. All that’s left is the fogger and waiting on his new hide and also basking stone. Let’s here those comments and any suggestions. Thanks for checking out my thread and hope to hear from all of you.

Attachments

• 9390E499-43AC-4397-A42D-CBA6C454880C.jpeg
    9390E499-43AC-4397-A42D-CBA6C454880C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 1D7DC1A1-6471-4948-9AB6-BB14F305210B.jpeg
    1D7DC1A1-6471-4948-9AB6-BB14F305210B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 1FA991DF-DFAE-400A-AB09-26654917829D.jpeg
    1FA991DF-DFAE-400A-AB09-26654917829D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The new enclosure is finished and today is moving day for big boy. All that’s left is the fogger and waiting on his new hide and also basking stone. Let’s here those comments and any suggestions. Thanks for checking out my thread and hope to hear from all of you.
I'd give it an A+.

bocacash

5 Year Member
Looks VERY nice...he/she is one lucky Tegu ! Couple o' small comments/suggestions: 1) If both those lights are heat lamps, I would move/remove one end...there should be temp gradient of 100/110 degrees down to 70/80 degrees in enclosure. 2) That is quite a distance between lamps and surface...you need very strong heat lamps or a raised platform/area to maintain the 100/110 degree basking temp. 3) Tegus (especially full grown) don't climb much... you have great height and might consider large diameter limbs or platforms that he/she would feel comfortable laying on. Good luck !

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
looks great but I agree with bocacash and his point on a gradient temp..... I think personally a couple of those vents need closing / covering to help hold humidity.

TripleTegus

I'm not 100% sure because I'm not there looking at his enclosure, but judging by the color of the lights it appears to me that one side is just uvb which wouldn't emit heat. And it looks like the vents are mostly closed off so as long as he's keeping an eye on the humidity he might be alright. Looks like he's on the right track though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam