• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got A Baby!

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I picked him up at the Kemptville Reptile Expo today :-D . He's just a wee little guy still has a bit of green on his under belly. He's currently in a 36"x12"x12" and in a bit I'll buy him a nice big Rubber-maid bin . I'll get pictures as soon as possible.

Spencer

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lets see some pics!! Tegu's are very social reptiles... I wouldnt recomend putting him in a rubber-maid bin. maybe a larger tank, or build him a cage.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Ok Lexi :) I didn't mean for a permanent home or anything i just ment until i built him a nice big cage.

I'll check if my dad left the camera right now if he didn't then I'm gonna have to wait to get the pics...sorry!

Spencer

Azaleah

5 Year Member
I know they need large cages and all, but what does being a social animal have to do with a larger cage?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well Rubbermaid's dont a allow the tegu to see out..therefore they cant see people walking by or anything. I mean i guess if you cut peaces out it would be ok... but i wouldnt house any of my reptiles in a rubbermaid, besides a snake maybe.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
well Rubbermaid's dont a allow the tegu to see out..therefore they cant see people walking by or anything. I mean i guess if you cut peaces out it would be ok... but i wouldnt house any of my reptiles in a rubbermaid, besides a snake maybe.

OHHH I get it! See when he said Rubbermaid for some reason I was picturing the big clear ones, but those are Iris containers :)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well does rubbermaid make clear ones? i have only seen the big blue ones.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
He's still got a little bit of green on him so I'd say hatchling? He's SO social already! It's amazing he's let me hold him and my girlfriend. He/She has eaten 8 crickets already but won't touch his kale . I keep telling him that if he doesn't eat his greens he's not gonna be as big as Bobby's boys :lol:

Spencer

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol well you might have to mix veggies up with his meats to get him to eat them.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
I've seen a few clear one's before online but i wouldn't have a clue how to find on around here.

Spencer

I find them every now and then at Wal-Mart, but it is rare. And I agree with everyone else, love to see some pics. Also congrats!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced