• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Going to talk to kids about animal safety!

spidersandmonsters

Haha so today is Kids' Safety Day at Old Navy, where I work, and they've asked me to go talk to kids about animals as a welcome break from the usual police, EMTs, etc that we have every year. I'm taking a Ball Python, an Asian painted bullfrog, a rosehair, and my Brazilian giant! The Brazilian is in a locked tank which is very honestly abeled "Don't tap, I tap back." She's gonna be my example for the fact that even though some "scary" animals are actually cute and friendly, they can still be mean and dangerous. I'm stoked for this!

babyyitslove

Aw man! That's awesome! I had an elementary school teacher ask us if we'd bring our b&w Argentine in, I was excited! But explained to her that although she is very tame and has a reputation of being harmless, we haven't had her for long and would like to familiarize ourselves more with her habits. Maybe next year =)

Logie_Bear

That sounds like fun day for sure! I dont think I've ever seen an Asian painted bullfrog, have you got any pics to share? :3

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
That's really good, it's a great experience for the kids. To be honest when i present at the museum i think i'm having more fun than the kids lol, it's great!

spidersandmonsters

Yeah it was really awesome! An asian painted bullfrog is the prettier name for what pet stores deemed a chubby frog haha. And yeah, I had a ton of questions about my tegu, but she's brumating at the moment so I didn't figure she would be in the mood

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny