• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

going out/ traveling

elmo

i go everywhere with my tegu! i go to my friends houses, to work (i work part time at exotic pet store), post office, any where! i have tons of the hand warmers (all sizes!) so i use them in her travel container. i bring a heat pad when i go to a friends house...even tho she usually stays under my shirt. what else works to keep her warm when i bring her out?

p.s. i always warm up my car b4 i bring her outside.

also, who else bring their tegus out? how do people react?

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I can't remember what they are called, but what about those heat things you put in the microwave that stay hot really long. Buy it once and you don't have to get disposable hand warmers

elmo

Dubya said:
I can't remember what they are called, but what about those heat things you put in the microwave that stay hot really long. Buy it once and you don't have to get disposable hand warmers

great idea!!

Deac77

5 Year Member
I take Kirby with me everywhere we basically live in two towns and since my roommate is scared to feed the "mini Dino" I have to take him I have one of those fully covers pet carriers like the soft ones stuff heat pads and his blanket in there he also has a mvb and lamp stand that go with us

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I have taken Kodo out many times. Whenever I go to the pet store or to my herp society meeting, Kodo comes along. I always have him leashed, both to keep him from escaping and to assure the public I have control of my animal. In terms of how people react, I've gotten the whole spectrum from people think Kodo is super cool and wanting to pet him to people recoiling in horror and pulling their children and dogs away.

elmo

dragonmetalhead said:
I have taken Kodo out many times. Whenever I go to the pet store or to my herp society meeting, Kodo comes along. I always have him leashed, both to keep him from escaping and to assure the public I have control of my animal. In terms of how people react, I've gotten the whole spectrum from people think Kodo is super cool and wanting to pet him to people recoiling in horror and pulling their children and dogs away.

i bring elmo to my herp meeting too, i get yelled at if i dont :D most people love her but shes still small so its easy, but im pretty sure when shes bigger ill start getting more bad reactions. my biggest problem is dogs...elmo loves dogs. i have a dog and they play together under my supervision, but when we go out she thinks allllll dogs are her friend :/ elmo is still too small for a real harness so i make them, she out grows them so quickly.... soon ill b able to buy one :angel:

Deac77 said:
I take Kirby with me everywhere we basically live in two towns and since my roommate is scared to feed the "mini Dino" I have to take him I have one of those fully covers pet carriers like the soft ones stuff heat pads and his blanket in there he also has a mvb and lamp stand that go with us

i bring her lights and heat pad and food when i stay in places for a long time. people think im crazy because im planning a trip to NY and im goin to bring her wit me!! my dog is coming too and im stopping in a hotel .... shes goin to have a blast lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced