• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Going fishing

M0718

hello this weekend I’m going to fishing for rainbow trout , I would like to know is it ok to give all the insides of the fish to my tegu ? I plan to give him some meat as well but usually when I clean I fish I compost the insides and the head . Now that I have my tegu I would like to feed this to him in his diet . What does every think about this ?

Tizzay89

Lots of info online about feeding.

Some ppl will tell u no simply bcz u dont know what was in the fish etc

In my opinion this is fine. I feed my tegu plenty of gross things and it loves it. Chicken guts fish guts etc.

Now there is the issue of parasites though. But what u can do is freeze the food item to kill them off it they do exist.

M0718

There is a lot online for sure just wanted to actually talk to people to see what they have to say. I ended up just grinding the whole fish and making little patties then freezing them he loves them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602