• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Glacier tegu, Americano?

my.desertjungle

Hello!

I recently got a baby glacier tegu, and I was told that it is technically an Americano tegu. They told me it is a mix of blue and red, but mostly blue. However I can’t seem to find “Americano” Tegu info anywhere!! Has anyone heard that therm before? Is it another type of Argentine?

Thank you!

rantology

Various breeders like to coin their own names for their own hybrid pairings. UGR calls their 75/25 blue/red hybrids "Purple Tegu"s for instance. There is also Titanium (blueXred), Snowmaker (50/50 blueXred) and Glacier (~85/15 blueXred) .... like I said theres a lot. Really depends on what breeder you purchased from. I'm sure I missed some. They are all hybrids of Salvator Merianae X Tupinambis rufescens. Visuals also vary a lot between breeders, will depend on what the parents look like.

Americano would just be the morph flavor text, Tegus are native to south america.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980