• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

General color question

BIgjimmy

Just curious about my baby blue. Do they usually start out more like a black and white and then turn more white as they age? I understand they are all different but in general.

Thanks

BIgjimmy

A follow up question, mine is about 18 inches long and eating raw turkey, scrambled eggs, superworms, crickets. Is it ok to start offering small mice, not pinks but maybe fuzzies or hoppers? I'm afraid he will choke on it since he isn't that big yet. I intend to try a couple pinks first but want to get to the bigger soon for nutrition content. I have all sizes on hand due to a large and varied snake collection. Thanks.

LizardStudent

All tegus are different, I would say that in general they tend to lighten with age but not necessarily of course. Their patterns and colors will change constantly as they get older, that's for sure. For the mice, if you're afraid of the size then I would try heavily dusting a pinky with calcium and feeding that if they can't handle a fuzzy. You could always cut fuzzies or hoppers in half if you have the stomach for it, but you might be surprised at how much your gu can stuff down its throat

Dylan koch

In my opinion you should very easily after they lose their green as babies be able to tell blue Tegus apart my female is very noticeable

Zyn

You’d be surprised what they can actually swallow any mouse roughly the size of his head is fine I’d offer whole pray sooner than later. As for color blues heads start off brown and slowly turn white/black

Zyn

Also if you’re worried instead of feeding pinks just cut the mouse in half and feed it the two or more parts

Zyn

You can look at my Severus album to see her growth from hatchlings to three years old. She’s a 75% blue 25% bw so she had some green to her head. A pure blue hatchlings head will be more brown though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam