• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Garden Tub

Jörmungandr

We have a very large garden tub that we no longer use, has solid glass doors with a large ledge. I have a set of lights mounted, container with substrate (can crawl into and out of), potted plants and climbing options. He is 14" and when larger I would like to have limited enclosure time and potty train to go outside to potty (both of my daughters do).
I feel this is a better enclosure option for my baby; larger, excellent at holding heat, ventilation fan and no extra room needed.
Am I crazy????

bocacash

5 Year Member
I doubt that you are crazy ! But, not enough info in your first post. Are you talking about a 14" Tegu ? I'm not familiar with a "garden tub with solid glass doors and large ledge"...maybe a picture would help. Are you planning on keeping your baby in an enclosure within the garden tub ? If you are talking about a Tegu...the recommended minimum enclosure size is 8' (2.44m) X 4' (1.22m) X 4' (1.22m)...is your garden tub that size or larger ? With a little more information...I think you will get more responses ! I will say this...Tegus are considered one of the most intelligent lizards...if you want to train him to poop outside or in a specific place/are...he WILL learn !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam